Free Week currently matches its just-under-a-fortnight run with as many local venues, so hopping between clubs and music acts now mimics Austin’s March madness.
Ten marquee bills here act as a Best-of our Saturday night Club Listings. Get a load, for instance, of Red 7’s monstrous two-room tag-team packing in an avalanche of hometown talent. We don’t need no stinking badges.
• Soul Track Mind, Hard Proof, Larry (g)EE (Antone’s)
• The Crack Pipes, Dikes of Holland, John Schooley and His One Man Band, Church Shoes (Beerland)
• Leftover Crack, Krum Bums, Crack Box, Juicy Karkass, Here to Offend (Emo’s East)
• Whitman, Stereo Is a Lie, the Baker Family, Antiques (Frank)
• Afrofreque, Ugly Elephant (Flamingo Cantina)
• Hard Proof, East Cameron Folkcore, the Lost Counts, Mirror Travel, Mrs. Glass (Holy Mountain)
• Marmalakes, Whiskey Shivers, Cartright, Little Lo (Mohawk outside)
• Outside: Eagle Claw, Flesh Lights, Tia Carrera, Woodgrain, Crooked Bangs; inside: My Education, Smoke & Feathers, Megafauna, Residual Kid (Red 7)
• Vallejo, Vitera, Patricia Vonne (Stubb’s)
• Gobi, Jericho, Este Vato, End Wave (Swan Dive) – Raoul Hernandez