The AggreGAYtor: October 22
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 3:00PM, Mon. Oct. 22, 2012
Jake T. Austin jumps ship, Mitt Romney does an about-face, and Madonna has an anniversary. Today’s AggreGAYtor would like to put you in a trance.
• Activists are lobbying the World Health Organization to remove transsexualism from list of disorders.
• Book- length gossip columnist Jackie Collins alleges that Matt Bomer was passed over for role of Superman due to sexuality. She really wants that Daily Planet job.
• NOM’s Frank Schubert makes butt loads by being an ass hat.
• The Family research Council asks "do you have what it takes to become America’s Most Homophobic Lawmaker?"
• Britain deports gay man to anti-gay Nigeria because judge does not believe he is actually gay. Maybe a little bit gay, but not gay gay.
• Jake T. Austin joins the cast of Jennifer Lopez lesbidramedy, which must have One Million Mom’s in a tizzy. Wizardry and lesbianism? My stars!
• Pennsylvania transgender workplace discrimination case is headed to jury trial.
• Baltimore school suspends trans student for fighting bully.
• Oversized stem cell Mitt Romney continues to see-saw through positions on gay marriage amendment. For those playing the home version, he is now for constitutional marginalization.
• Homophobic #SignsYoSonIsGay hashtag taken over by LGBTQIA supporters.
• When a man you never met before suddenly hands you flowers, even though you are at a Dinah Shore Weekend party and are obviously not at all interested in his manly bits, that’s Lynx body spray.
• The family of Terrance Wright believe that his sexual orientation was factor in his murder.
• Oooh! Smack!
• Frowny faced sour-puss killjoy Joe Walsh believes that gay marriage is a socioeconomic issue. Because even the most upstanding gay union pales in comparison to the society gluing marriage of teen bride Courtney Stodden.
• There's a place in France where the religious zealots dance.
• Gaypublican candidate Richard Tisei expects to encounter a few GOP “knuckleheads” if elected. Because congress is like a big frat house, what with all the crazy hazing of noobs and faggot jokes. Hahahahahaha, Whoo boy!
• Concordia College student fails to make the Project Runway cut with “Sin is Sin” designs. When she asked for an explanation, Tim Gunn simply threw a shoe from the Lord and Taylor Accessory Wall.
• Kansas church bans gay man from playing music at church. They were probably just afraid he would sneak in a few bars of “Bad Romance” in-between verses of “How Great Thou Art.”
• Same-sex wedding in China draws widespread support.
• Here’s a history of Fox News coverage of anti-LGBT bullying. TL:DR version: Fox News are jerks.
• The subtext behind hit video game Battle Bears is kind of awful.
• Madonna’s Erotica is all grown up now, sniff sniff
• RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars premiers tonight, leaving a nation asking “why Tammy?”
BREAKING NEWS: Details are still scant about an attack on four Austin lesbians over the weekend. Keep checking the Chronicle and Gay Place for further details.