The AggreGAYtor: September 20
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 11:55AM, Thu. Sep. 20, 2012
Mark Foley offers advice, Madonna snarks on Gaga, and Nick Gruber may be paranoid. Come to the AggreGAYtor’s window. I’ll be home soon.
• Although I never trust the “facts” from the flat-earthers at Fox, they certainly know how to be sensational.
• The Scottish male nurse who pretended to be lesbian to prey on forty nine young women has his jail sentence reduced. Really Scotland?
• Maine Superior Court judge hears arguments in transgender restroom rights case.
• Lady Gaga says lookatmelookatmelookatme…LOOK AT ME!
• In other Gags news, the mother monster takes up rapping. Fab Five Freddie must have told her everybody's fly. DJ's spinning; she said my, my.
• The University of Louisiana denies charter to gay fraternity. Although the reasons behind the move are unknown, the frat is not accusing school of homophobia.
• The Red Pen, a Kentucky underground newspaper started as a response to their high-school’s censorship of pro-LGBTQIA stories, has won the Courage in Student Journalism Award.
• Intel, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Verizon are among the major donors of the anti-gay Boy Scouts, often in direct violation of corporate anti-discrimination policies.
• On the first year anniversary of the lifting of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, the military still treats transgender Americans as second class.
• Meanwhile, gay and lesbian service members are still waiting for benefits for their families.
• Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson and boyfriend get engaged; launch line of marriage equality bow ties.
• Nick Gruber alleges that Calvin Klein has hired a private eye to keep tabs on his former trophy. Apparently, something does come between him and his Calvin.
• San Francisco’s Scott Wiener is proposing public nudity ban in response to popularity of cock rings. Uh huh huh huh…he said wiener.
• Radio bully Shawn Akers calls gay activism a "religion." Although the AggreGAYtor has occasionally been known to kneel, it is hardly in the service of supplication.
• Ruth Bader Ginsburg hints that SCOTUS will take on DOMA within a year. Also, I kind of like to picture Ginsburg roaming the streets of Santa Fe wearing a three yards of turquoise. I think she and Iris Apfel should be besties.
• Mittens Romney is really having a bad news cycle, having been served the latest indignity of receiving campaign advice from Mark “Pageluvah” Foley.
• Former Romney staffer allegedly got a little handsy while Citadel cadet.
• Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado champions LGBT Elder Americans Act.
• The AggreGAYtor is aflutter over the latest selection for the Free and Queer movie night at the ND; searches furiously for his rubber bracelet stockpile.