The AggreGAYtor: September 17
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 11:50AM, Mon. Sep. 17, 2012
Rupert Everett flaps his gums, Jane Lynch takes Atlanta Pride to task, and Rick Santorum goes heavy on the foam. Today’s AggreGAYtor’s got all my sisters with me.
• Hillary Clinton is being accused of intentionally sending gay ambassador to Libya.
• Nashville drag queen sues jail for being placed in women’s facility.
• US census techniques for documenting LGBTQ community still have a lot to be desired. Apparently, they don't believe that "we're here" part.
• While the repeal of DADT has arguably increased the volume of available homosex, that still doesn’t mean you can film it.
• Chicago prosecutor is recovering after trying to prevent gay bashing. The AggreGAYtor is no longer holding out for a hero.
• Signs supporting marriage equality are being stolen and vandalized in Minnesota.
• Meanwhile, in DC, Metro Weekly stands are literally being shat upon.
• Although it is all about the economy, Republican senators busy themselves trying to prohibit same-sex nuptials on military bases. Maybe they ought to take up knitting if they have that much free-time on their hands. I hear Ann Romney just loves shrugs.
• Although I generally try not to harangue beleaguered alt-weeklies, St Louis’ River Front Times should really be ashamed of the accompanying photo to a piece about opposition to LGBTQ discrimination law. Bad form guys, bad form.
• Yale welcomes back ROTC in the wake of DADT repeal.
• Jane Lynch, the human manifestation of the angel Gabriel, is intervening in Atlanta Pride’s planned aquarium shin-dig.
• Cameroon jails citizen for texting “I love you” to another man.
• Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is in hot water over Human Rights Campaign speech.
• The Sydney Underground Film Festival, who banned a film about gay sex two years ago, apparently has no problem with donkey banging. Heeheeheeheeheehaw.
• The AggreGAYtor thought that there would never be a day where he agrees with his frothiness Rick Santorum; but, gosh darnit, pigs do fly.
• Actor Rupert Everett can’t “think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads.” The AggreGAYtor certainly can. Just you try to watch his performance in Prêt-à-Porter without a dilauded.
• Insufferable principal decides to close Beaumont ISD cosmetology program rather than let gay people in, fires whistle-blower. Really, really not cool.
• COUNTDOWN TO PRIDE: I know she’s now a local, but The AggreGAYtor is giddier than champagne that Lori Barbero of grunge legends Babes in Toyland will be at Pride this year. I knew that I saved my Doc Martins for something.