The AggreGAYtor: September 12
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 1:20PM, Wed. Sep. 12, 2012
Ann Romney preaches to the choir, Tommy Thompson says “my bad,” and Miley Cyrus does something scandalous. Today’s AggreGAYtor’s talking all this stuff about me. Now why don't it just let me live?
• Let’s pour one out to the now defunct Focus on the Family Millennial Outreach Program. It seems like only yesterday that they started telling youngins that we are all perverts.
• Awesome new app allows users to crowdsource guerilla gay bars.
• Tennessee high school teacher is banished to elementary for allowing students to write about atheism and gay rights.
• Marshmallow fluffcake Ann Romney, despite exhortations that she would not be speaking about gay marriage, is more than happy to wear Oscar de la Renta to Focus on the Family’s hate jamboree.
• Barney Frank is still fussing with GOProud.
• “Wanton blonde” Miley Cyrus is allegedly sharing Sapphic smooches with unidentified women. Salacious!
• Meanwhile, gossips say that Rihanna and Katy Perry are playing “crotch games.”
• Chick-fil-A’s sponsorship of Salt Lake elementary school’s spirit night draws some parent’s ire.
• The Atlanta youth who garnered headlines for fighting for a queer inclusive prom offers his two-cents on Chick-fil-A controversy. To borrow from Andy Warhol, in the future everyone will have fifteen minutes to share their opinion on chikin. “Star Wars Kid” and Honey Boo Boo are up next.
• Tommy Thompson, who is not a character in a Nancy Drew mystery, apologizes about aide’s gay-baiting Tammy Baldwin email.
• Although the decision to kick a college football player off the team for making out with his boyfriend almost certainly involved homophobia, the story is considerably clouded by the fact that the boyfriend is 65.
• Hong Kong elects its first gay member to city’s Legislative Council.
• Mission: America teaches parents how to talk to their kids to LGBTQ people. Apparently, the “godly” way to go about this is to be a total dick.
• The US grants asylum to Mexican teacher falsely imprisoned for being gay.
• West Hollywood bar clarifies that Drew Barrymore is not the new owner. Spoil sports.
• New study finds that Jamaican public opinion is shifting towards the LGBTQ community.
• I have always thought it ridiculous that a state that welcomes fly-by-night nuptials performed in FEMA trailers would be so touchy about homos tying the knot. Luckily, Nevada Assemblyman Elliot Anderson agrees.
• Here’s another story about Mittens hating on gay folk.
• Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is reviewing judge’s decision to provide surgery for transgender convict.
• The AggreGAYtor is peeling all sorts of onions over this clip from Ellen.
• The biggest news of New York Fashion Week is that Marc Jacobs is now wearing pants.
• Although junior wingnut Oliver Darcy probably meant his latest article to enflame the nerve endings of outrage, the shocking art project he mentions actually sounds stunning. Also, he really needs some help with tie selection. Here’s a helpful guide, Darcy. Hands across America, folks.
• Texas Southern Baptist president Terry Turner wants us to know he’s squicked out when he sees two guys together.
• New Austin play tells story of LGBTQ activist Dianne Hardy-Garcia.