The AggreGAYtor: September 10
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 12:30PM, Mon. Sep. 10, 2012
Ann Romney clams up, Chris Kluwe scores a touchdown, and Emily Dickinson strikes a pose. Today’s AggreGAYtor is still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model.
• Alan Moore’s long-shelved screenplay Fashion Beast gets adapted to new comic. Squeeeee!
• In other geek news, adorable couple recreate Astonishing X-Men gay wedding cover to celebrate 20th year anniversary.
• Jeon Kyu-Hwan’s transgender-themed The Weight wins the Venice Film Festival’s Queer Lion award.
• Mayonnaise slathered sponge cake Ann Romney will not be discussing gay marriage, thank you very much.
• Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe kicks the living shit out of anti-gay pol Emmett C. Burns Jr. in blistering op-ed.
• Zimbabwean activists allege government fabricating controversial stories to bolster support for anti-gay laws.
• The man behind the most wooden anti-marriage equality ad of the decade also makes underwhelming jewelry.
• Murrica’s sweetheart LeAnn Rimes is going forward with cyberbullying lawsuit, but will be donating winnings to the Trevor Project. LeAnn cares you guys.
• Transgender activist Leslie Feinberg recharged with gross misdemeanor for CeCe McDonald protest.
• Oh NOM, the LGBTQ community may disagree on some policy points; but that doesn’t mean that we are into you.
• The Boston Globe’s Lawrence Harmon should seriously look at the AP stylebook before he writes anything else concerning transgender rights.
• Planned queer roller derby documentary gives us all a chance to think of new roller derby name. Sienna Mauler? Daisy Confused? Lena Dunham? Maybe I ought to leave it to the experts.
• Despite his mom’s insistence on being a wingnut, Brad Pitt still proves himself to be crush-worthy.
• Outsized Gerber baby Kirk Cameron whines about the liberal media misrepresenting his opinions of homosexuality.
• Vermont joins the fray in opposing DOMA.
• The British producer of pro-gay Ugandan play has been arrested.
• Pham Le Quynh Tram breaks barriers by becoming Vietnam’s first legally recognized transgender woman.
• Apparently, homophobic football signs are now a thing with Texas AM fans adding to our fine national discourse.
• Voting ends today for Best of Austin 2012. You better not leave that chad hanging.