The AggreGAYtor: September 6
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 3:30PM, Thu. Sep. 6, 2012
Glen Maxey goes on a road trip, James Franco overexposes himself, and Jimmy Kimmel continues to be unfunny. Today’s AggreGAYtor is black and white and red all over.
• Although I bristle at the idea of Franciscan University including homosexuality in a “deviant behavior” course, I kind of want to enroll. I could always use a few pointers.
• Maybe I can report some of those deviant behaviors on the new handy-dandy Kinsey Institute app. (Note: I will gladly submit AggreGAYtor fan fic.)
• Christopher Tiner, the Cub Scout who quit scouting over BSA’s exclusionary policies, is the coolest 9-year old ever.
• California saw a four percent drop in anti-LGBTQ crimes last year. We’ll take it!
• James Franco queers it up 7 for All Mankind’s fall campaign. At this rate, it can’t be long before he is starring in James’ 50 Load Weekend.
• Deadpan pop punctuation enthusiasts fun. take LGBTQ equality on tour.
• Rusted old spark plug Pat Robertson is still rambling about the godlessness of the Democratic Party for gay marriage platform plank.
• Radical LGBTQ activists get really pissed at Oakland pride.
• US Women’s soccer team member Lori Lindsey comes out. Everyone’s trying to copy Pinoe.
• The New York Times should really know better than to publish such a blatantly misgendered article.
• Human pull-my-finger joke Jimmy Kimmel nyuks it up with homophobic back to school segment.
• Dude. DUDE. Purple? Man, that's gay.
• Oh Dear Abby, it's a different world from where you come from.
• I’m not sure if this report of Texas DNC delegates road tripping to Charlotte is particularly news worthy, but I bet riding in a van named Priscilla with Austin icon Glen Maxey would be lots of fun.
• AIDS Services of Austin celebrates their 25th year anniversary tonight.