The AggreGAYtor: August 3
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 1:46PM, Fri. Aug. 3, 2012
Anderson Cooper makes a switch, Carl Hester rides ahead of Ann Romney, and Megyn Kelly short circuits. Today’s AggreGAYtor is horsing around.
• In Maryland, marriage equality is winning in the court of public opinion.
• Fox and Friends automaton Megyn Kelly’s gears go off track, allowing her to make a surprisingly rational statement.
• Gay rights pioneer Frank Kameny’s ashes languish in storage due to estate dispute.
• The power of community: $20,000 raised in 48 hours to help lesbian filmmaker JD Disalvatore fight breast cancer.
•The first medal is awarded in the Queerlympics. Judith Arndt wins silver in cycling.
• Meanwhile in dressage, Gay Olympian Carl Hester takes the lead while Ann Romney’s fancy horse falters.
• You can’t win ’em all: beach volleyball veteran Natalie Cook is eliminated from competition.
• Megan Rapinoe shines as the US women's soccer team heads to the semi-finals. Gay Placer Liz has promised to say hello for me as makes her way around London. I swear I am not Single White Female-ing.
• London tailor debuts line of bespoke suits for butch women.
• Texas Gay couple get arrested again after requesting marriage license.