Wish(fulfilled) List 2010
Queer Jews should have everything they wanted by now
By Andy Campbell, 10:45AM, Fri. Dec. 17, 2010
Channukah is (sadly) over, but that means that I've already got what I wanted. Most of it was gifted to me by me! I believe in treating myself right; sometimes I like to run a nice hot bubble bath, put on Barry White and (this blog is publicly searchable, right?!?) sing along.
Here's what I gave to myself:
1. Muji Pens. The best gel ink pens anywhere. Suck it, Pilot! I get them in all colors – it helps me get through when I'm grading stacks of student papers. And hopefully for them it doesn't feel like someone's ripping them a new one, as hard.
2. Mini Doppelgangers. I have the big versions of these do-nothing vinyl toys. But lesbi-honest, everything is better when miniaturized. Well, almost everything
3. Acme Novelty Library #20 "Lint" by Chris Ware. Mere words cannot adequately describe the value of Chris Ware's sequential art. This installment follows one character from birth to death, Jordan Lint. He's a homophobic, misogynistic son-of-a-such-and-such, and he gets back all the vitrol he puts into the world. One of the best grpahic representations of baby-dom I've ever seen. Just wow!
4. Pee-Wee Herman on Broadway. Not only did I get to see this magical theatrical event, but I got a tour of the stage after the show from Phil LaMarr, who plays Cowboy Curtis in the iteration of this production. Getting to walk around Gary Panter's set, look at Basil Twist's puppets was a transcendent experience. I touched Chairy. Yeah. I know.
5. Maybe it was the influence of Pee-Wee, but I went out and bought suspenders and a bowtie the next day. The Spring look goes as follows: Dweeby chic with arty touches. How is that different from what I usually wear? It's not. What's old is new.
Ah yes, and it's Friday So here's your Blingee! Don't wear it out!